From the Blogosphere
Big Week for Cloud Computing in Silicon Valley
Seems Like Everyone Has Come in to the Bay Area For This One
Nov. 27, 2008 01:45 PM
The GigaSpaces Blog
SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo took place Wednesday through Friday in San Jose. Seems like everyone came in to the Bay Area for this one, so I am looking forward to meeting a lot of the folks active in cloud computing at this event. There is also talk of another Cloud Computing Interoperability Forum [Google Groups] get together around this event as well as a Silicon Valley CloudCamp.
GigaSpaces CTO Nati Shalom is part of the star-studded lineup of speakers at SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conferecne & Expo. Between them, they'll be covering every aspect of the hottest IT topic for years, with not just Amazon but also IBM, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Intel, HP and a host of others all offering, using or developing high-end computing services typically described as “cloud computing” - through which massively scalable IT-related capabilities are provided as a service using Internet technologies.
Forrester Research analyst James Staten calls cloud computing "classic disruptive innovation - where the mainstream dismisses the product and small companies have time to create a real differentiated value." But there are so many offerings just now that what infrastructure architects are looking for above all is a set of organizing principles they can use to guide them in choosing between them all.
Such principles. and a host of associated topics, will be addressed in San Jose by a Top Speaker Faculty that includes:
- Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Keynote)
- Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
- Steve Herrod - CTO, VMware
- David Bernstein - VP & GM of Network Applications Infrastructure, Cisco
- Rob Weltman - Director of Grid Services, Yahoo!
- Peter Nickolov - President CTO, 3tera
- Kevin Haar - President & CEO, Appistry
- Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
- Patrick Harr - CEO, Nirvanix
- Gerrit Huizenga - Cloud Solutions Architect, IBM
- John Keagy - CEO & Co-Founder, GoGrid/ServePath
- Sajai Krishnan - CEO, ParaScale
- Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
- Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
- Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
- Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
- Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
- Billy Marshall - Founder & CEO, rPath
- Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
- Jonathan Pyke - Chief Strategy Office, Cordys
- Jason Stowe - Founder & CEO, Cycle Computing
- David Young - Co-Founder & CEO, Joyent
- Dave Durkee - Founder, CEO & Technical Director, ENKI
- John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
- Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
- Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
- Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
- Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
- Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group
and with a special Cloud Bootcamp November 20 led by
- Alan Williamson, Founder at Blog-City.com, Creator of BlueDragon
All breakout sessions are all listed in further detail here.
Speaker Faculty - SYS-CON's 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities Offered on a First-Come First-Served Basis. To inquire about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities please contact Carmen Gonzalez at 201-802-3021 or by email at events(at)sys-con.com. Currently, a limited number of sponsorship and exhibition packages with multiple sponsorship discounts are available for the upcoming events.