From the Blogosphere
Five Tips for Developing a Mobile App with ReactJS | @CloudExpo #Java #Cloud #Mobile
ReactJS for Developing Mobile Apps?
Sep. 23, 2016 04:18 PM
They've already felt the difference
Many large, well-respected and well-known companies have enjoyed the numerous benefits of this technology. For instance, lots of elements of Facebook and Instagram systems are React-based. WhatsApp, Airbnb and Feedly has acquired the taste of using its components, while Facebook Groups, Discovery VR, Myntra Discord MoneyLion are built on React Native. An interesting fact - Facebook developers claimed they needed only 5 months to build this application. The adjustment of the same application to Android platforms took only three months! This became possible solely due to the fact that 87% of already written code was reused, claimed Andrew, JS developer at Erminesoft. Actually, the slogan "Learn once, write anywhere" allows to make a mobile app with React Native in record-breaking time. All of the above-mentioned companies has felt the advantages of developing a mobile app with ReactJS.
Why React Native is different
Five React Native development tips for tough cookies in mobile development:
- Forget about tags and HTML. React is deprived of it, unlike front-end work, habitual to many developers. Native components themselves are embedded into React. Using it, you create a bridge, by means of which you connect it with the library.
- If initially you understand that besides mobile, the application would be created for a web project, it is reasonable to create a mobile application using React Native, and only after that, you may ask your development team to concentrate on web applications, not vice versa. It is recommended since in Native you create a style at once, and when you switch to the web, you don't change anything. Firstly, it is convenient for developers, and secondly - it allows saving time, and, consequently, lowering the cost of the solution.
- In order to build a mobile app with React Native, one should be familiar with such tools like Flux or Redux, since their synergy with React is outstanding. Their module character allows building app's architecture very effectively.
- Do not be afraid to use groundbreaking technologies. React Native is an emerging technology, and though it is very promising, community is not reacting (what an eggcorn!) swiftly enough to the possibilities it provides.
- Good command of Flexbox - a web layout model, used as a new means of placing blocks on the page. It is important to know onions in it, since website coding in browser differs from the one in React Native. Though it is not supported by all browsers, it is essential for writing native apps. Fortunately, it is easy to master it.
On the average, the price of a native application created on React Native would be lower than of the native one created for a specific platform, which is an undeniable advantage for startup owners. However, each specific solution should be assessed individually.
Advantages of using React Native for mobile applications development
Nothing is perfect, and React Native has some drawbacks. Yes, it's still a new project, and some features are constantly changing, some of them are missing, and the best practices are in the process of mastering and discovery. However, its advantages outweigh these headaches. With it, one may create business applications of any kind, you name it.