From the Wires
Fujitsu Releases New ARROWS Tab Q582/F Water-Resistant Tablet for Enterprises
Feb. 25, 2013 06:30 AM
New model equipped with wireless WAN that runs on Xi communications network
Tokyo, Feb 25, 2013 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced the immediate release in Japan of its new ARROWS Tab Q582/F water-resistant tablet for enterprise customers. The new model is equipped with a wireless WAN that runs on the ultra-high-speed Xi (read "crossy") communications network.
The ARROWS Tab Q582/F, which comes equipped with Intel's latest Intel(R) Atom(TM)
Processor and the Windows 8 Pro (32-bit) operating system, is the world's slimmest water- and dust-resistant(1)tablet running Windows 8(2), making it ideal for use on the go. In addition, it runs on the ultra-high-speed Xi communications network to meets user needs in a variety of different types of work, such as mobile applications for workers outside of the office as well as use in demanding field conditions.
The new model will be exhibited at Fujitsu's booth at Mobile World Congress 2013, to be held from February 25-28, 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
1. World's slimmest water- and dust resistant Windows 8 tablet
While equipped with Intel's Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor, the ARROWS Tab Q582/F has a thickness of just 9.9mm and weighs approximately 584g, making it the world's slimmest water-resistant tablet running Windows 8. Moreover, because it is water- and dust-resistant, features an extended battery life of up to approximately 10.3 hours(3), and employs an IPS LCD display that enables a clear, crisp picture with a wide viewing angle even when the device is tilted, the Q582/F is ideal for use on the go and also for use outdoors.
2. Runs on ultra-high-speed Xi communications network
Running on the Xi communications network, the new model is capable of ultra-high-speed communications(4). Receiving speeds of up to 75Mbps and transmitting speeds of up to 25Mbps are possible simply by inserting a docomo User Identity Module (UIM) card that is contracted for the Xi service into the UIM card slot. In addition, if users are outside the Xi service area but within the FOMA service area, they can still enjoy communications at receiving speeds of up to 14Mbps and transmitting speeds of up to 5.7Mbps.
3. Ideal for workers on the go and in demanding field conditions
Running on the Xi service, users can enjoy high-speed communications while out of the office without having to carry another communications device. In particular, it supports ultra-high-speed communications at receiving speeds of up to 75Mbps. This means that salespeople can download large files, such as digital catalogs, when visiting customers to give presentations. The ability to download materials at such high speeds makes this tablet ideal for use by workers outside the office.
Featuring a battery life of over 10 hours, workers spending extended periods of time in the field, doing tasks such as inspections of outdoor equipment, need not worry about their batteries running out.
Being water- and dust-resistant, workers can perform such tasks as reference blueprints or take site photographs using the built-in web camera even under demanding field conditions, such as outdoor work on rainy days or the dusty conditions of construction sites.
Comment by Aki Kayama, Managing Executive Officer, General Manager of the Consumer & Partner Group, Microsoft Japan
"Microsoft Japan welcomes the release of the ARROWS Tab Q582/F that takes advantage of the touch capabilities in Windows 8. With Windows, you get enterprise manageability, security and the ability to run the applications used within organizations. Moreover, Xi and over 10 hours of battery life are great features for customers looking for devices that enable flexible work styles."
Comment by Kosuke Hirano, Senior Executive Officer, General Manager of Cloud Computing Business Group, Intel K.K.
"We are very excited about the launch of Fujitsu's new "ARROWS Tab Q582/F" tablet. With our new Intel(R) Atom(TM) processor Z2760 and newly added LTE (Xi) support, ARROWS Tab Q582/F will deliver the performance, the energy-saving and the mobility needed for business professionals. Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor Z2760 also provides users with the seamless PC-like experience, rich multi-tasking possibilities and long battery life needed for business users. Intel is looking forward to further collaboration with Fujitsu to develop advanced tablet products."
Pricing and Availability
- Model Name : ARROWS Tab Q582/F (With wireless WAN running on Xi service)
- Suggested Retail Price (excl tax) : From 125,800 yen
- Shipment Date : Mid-March
(1) Water- and dust-resistance: With the terminal cap and slot cap tightly closed, IPX5 and IPX8 water resistance features protect the tablet from water damage. IPX5 designation indicates that the tablet can normally function after being sprayed with water from a nozzle with a diameter of 6.3 mm at a rate of 12.5 liters per minute from a distance of approximately 3 meters for a period of at least 3 minutes. The IPX8 designation indicates that the tablet will function normally after being immersed in room-temperature tap water to a depth of 1.5 meters for 30 minutes. When the terminal cap and slot caps are tightly closed IP5X dust resistance features protect the tablet from dust damage. IP5X indicates that the tablet can be left in an environment with dust particles with a diameter of 75 micro-m or less for 8 hours and still function and remain safe to use.
(2) World's slimmest water- and dust-resistant tablet running Windows 8: As of February 25, 2013, according to Fujitsu's own research.
(3) Extended battery life of up to approximately 10.3 hours: During video playback
(4) Ultra-high-speed communications: Please refer to NTT DOCOMO's homepage for a list of compatible service areas (Japanese language only). Communication speeds refer to the maximum speeds for sending or receiving data based on technical specifications rather than actual speeds. As the service employs the best-effort delivery method, speeds may decrease depending on the communications environment and network traffic. Use of the wireless WAN requires a contract for FENICS II Universal Connect, Fujitsu's network service for enterprise customers, a line contract with NTT DOCOMO, or a contract with a Xi service provider.
About Fujitsu Limited
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see www.fujitsu.com.
Source: Fujitsu Limited
Public and Investor Relations
Copyright 2013 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net