From the Wires
Infor MediSuite Delivers Technology to Canadian Healthcare Organizations to Achieve Compliance Goals
Agence de la sante et des services sociaux de Chaudiere-Appalaches Meets Electronic Health Record Needs With Infor Healthcare
Feb. 13, 2013 09:26 AM
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches, a regional health agency covering five CSSS (regional health and social services centres) composed of four hospitals and community and long-term care facilities in Quebec, has selected Infor MediSuite to directly address challenges affecting the Canadian health care system. Infor MediSuite is an integrated collection of clinical information applications that includes system integration, electronic health records, patient management applications, clinical department solutions, and public health and community care solutions.
Through Infor MediSuite, the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches has the necessary technology to implement the prerequisites for complete interoperability with the components of the Québec Health records (DSQ) project. In addition, via Infor applications, the Agence can equip their regional healthcare organizations with interoperable electronic clinical records (ECR) to facilitate the integration of front line medical services with community and long-term care services, support the optimization of specialized resources, and assemble shareable clinical records with patient consent across all clinicians for improved delivery of services.
- The Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches decided to partner with Infor to develop new functionality due to their satisfaction with Infor's clinical applications over the last two decades. Usage of MediSuite continues to expand to meet these needs through new features like regional access (Inter-CSSS and inter-hospital) and embedded interoperability with Logibec (another major vendor in the Québec market).
- MediWeb will increase staff productivity and performance by allowing authorized clinicians inside and outside the CSSS and hospital jurisdictional boundaries to get secure, internet access to computerized patient records anytime, anyplace.
- Powered by MediCDR (Infor's clinical data repository) and Infor Cloverleaf Integration Engine, the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches will furnish frontline medical clinics with laboratory, medical imagery and pharmacy results through their varied systems via a new regional infrastructure, increasing clinician efficiency and reducing redundancies across the network.
- The Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches will be able to provide more effective and continuous care by enabling staff with tools to access integrated patient care information across various settings.
- This ECR solution is the first to receive a letter of conformance from the Ministère de la santé et des services sociaux (Québec's Ministry of Health and social services)
- Presently in use by roughly 50 percent of the hospitals in the Province of Quebec, Infor MediSuite delivers system interoperability within and across diverse health networks. Designed to be modular, the applications within MediSuite help healthcare and community care organizations to operate with greater efficiency and improve patient care while optimizing costs.
Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches Quote
"We decided to partner with Infor because they were open to being a leader in true vendor interoperability," said Yolaine Lapointe, Project Director, Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches. "Through our partnership, we were able to receive an official Notice of Compliance from the Québec Health Ministry, an important step for any healthcare organization operating in the region."
"Shrinking budgets, the aging population, rising costs in technology and stringent compliance issues continue to pose challenges for the healthcare industry in Canada," said Tom Schultz, Vice President, Infor. "Infor is dedicated to providing our customers with an agile, trusted system that will allow them to operate strong and efficiently in an evolving system, so they can confidently provide the best quality of patient care without disruption."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
About Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches
The Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Chaudière-Appalaches is a government agency of the province of Québec with the mandate of delivering health and social services to the population of the administrative region of Chaudière-Appalaches located south of Québec City. With an annual budget of more than 800 million dollars they deliver services to a population of nearly 400,000 spread out over 15,000 km2 and 136 municipalities, the Agence oversees the management of four hospitals (693 beds), 28 long-term care facilties (1544 beds) and other social service establishments through 5 regional health and social services centres (Centre de santé et des services sociaux).
Infor is the third-largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine