Top Links You Must Click On
From the Wires
Disrupt or Be Disrupted
Bestselling Author Randy Gage Reveals Top 7 Disruptive Trends for Business in 2013
By: PR Newswire
Jan. 14, 2013 06:51 PM
MIAMI, Jan. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In his new bestseller, Risky Is the New Safe, prosperity expert Randy Gage explores cataclysmic changes shaping business, technology and society. Now Gage unveils the "Top 7 Disruptive Trends" that will make "chaos the new calm" in 2013.
"In the areas of marketing, management, and leadership, there will be more disruptive change in the next 10 years than occurred in the last thousand, and 2013 will provide some serious clues on where it all is going," Gage says. Here are his predictions to help businesses and entrepreneurs adapt and prosper.
7. Shopping Goes Virtual – "Virtual malls" led by QR stores at locations where people with smart phones congregate will be the new prime real estate for online shopping.
6. The Printer Strikes Back – Advances in 3-D printing will bring cataclysmic upheaval in manufacturing. The impact will cascade down into distribution, fulfillment and other support industries.
5. TabletMania – Look for a big spike in eBooks, eMagazines and other publications that are easy to read on tablets. Video programming for tablets is ripe for entrepreneurial development.
4. Mobile Wallets will eventually replace credit cards, debit cards, currencies, and even banks. Whoever gets a leg up in 2013 gets a big head start.
3. "I Want My Streaming TV" – The battle over who controls streaming video promises to be the biggest fight in the next decade. The winner of that war may be decided by who controls the TV platform.
2. UnSocial Media – Bad companies lament "consumer activism" as irate customers expose their glaring weaknesses. Savvy companies will learn how to better use social media to connect with their tribes and monitor their brand in real time.
1. Mobile App-ocalypse – Mobile apps and the cloud will change marketing more than direct mail, newspapers, radio, television, and the Internet combined. Everybody's talking about Big Data, but look for consumers to turn the tables. We'll see apps coming out using it against companies to get better selection and lower prices.
"This next decade will rearrange the power structure in hundreds of industries and professions," Gage says. "And the first movers who get in front in 2013 stand the best chance of success."
Randy Gage is a serial entrepreneur and the author of the New York Times bestseller, Risky Is the New Safe. For the complete article, go to: http://www.randygage.com/blog/disrupting-disruption/
SOURCE Randy Gage
Enterprise Open Source Magazine Latest Stories . . .
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week