Top Links You Must Click On
From the Wires
Research on Online Education and Training Market in China, 2012-2017
By: PR Newswire
Dec. 3, 2012 08:13 AM
NEW YORK, Dec. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:Research on Online Education and Training Market in China, 2012-2017
In 2011, the market scale of China online education and training was CNY60 billion; it's estimated that the scale will reach CNY72.3 billion in 2012.
In 1999, China put forward Modern Distance Education Project. After more than ten years of development, online education and training has got great-leap-forward development. Online education, which is for all ages, such as basic online education, higher online education, is booming; other types of online education, including curricula education, vocational training, etc, are flourishing.
By the end of 2011, the number of China education enterprises listed in America is 11 (including Global Education & Technology Co., Ltd. which acquired by Pearson Education Group and is about to cease trading). China Cast Education Corporation logins OTCBB via SPAC then turns to NasdaqGS; CEU belongs to backdoor listing; the rest nine education enterprises belong to IPO and the total financing is $ 915 million, the total market capitalization is approximate $ 5.3 billion. China Edu Corporation, China Cast Education Corporation, CEU, China Distance Education Holding Ltd., GEDU, New Oriental, Xueersi, Ambow and ATA have opened online education and training business except for Xueda and Noah. The former nine enterprises' businesses also cover parenting education, entrance examination coaching, language training, network higher education, vocational certification training, corporate E-learning and online education services.
It is an era in which knowledge can change individual' destiny and "Knowledge Economy" to be national positioning, so building "learning life" "learning organization" and "learning society" have become common practices. Online education has become an important way to learn for people in modern society. Distance education has been available to people at any stage, and can meet people's diversification, individuation and lifelong requirements. Distance education concept has become increasingly popular. In recent years, online distance education and training participants are formed by pupils at the school, college students, working staff, white-collar, the salaried, teachers, soldiers, etc. diverse groups. The government has regarded online education as an important means to promote the development of China society, and domestic enterprises also pay more and more attention to the application of online education and training.
According to statistics, in China, over 90% of primary and secondary school students and their parents have an urgent demand for education service with low-cost, high-quality and sustainable development. More than 75% of the workers are under various degrees of continued training; more than 50% of enterprises managers take initiatively participate in professional learning and training; 45 % of young people are learning foreign language. The total number of people who need high-quality education and training resources across the country reached 380 million. If 30% of them have the online education training conditions, the annual per capita consumption of online education and training is CNY600, the total market space is CNY70 billion.
1. Overview of Online Education and Training 1.1 Definition and Classification1.2 Development History
2. Industry Operation Environment in China, 2010-2011
2.1 Policy Environment
2.2 Economic Environment
2.2.2 Fixed Asset Investment
2.2.3 Import and Export and Growth Rate
2.2.4 China Macro Economy Development Forecast
2.3 Social Environment
2.3.1 Parent's Education Concept Transformation
2.3.2 Rising Standards of Living
2.4 Technology Environment
2.4.1 Network Technologies Will Bring New Changes to the High-end English Training Industry
2.4.2 Hybrid Teaching Model Will Get Powerful Development
3. Industry Development Situation in China, 2010-20113.1 Development Characteristics3.1.1 Effective Integration of Educational Resources3.1.2 New Marketing Mode of Education and Training Industry3.2 Existing Problems of the Industry in China, 2010-20113.2.1 Chaotic Situation in Higher Education Market 3.2.2 Online Resource Shortage3.2.3 Lag of Online Professional Curriculum 3.3 Industry Development Proposals
4. Market Operation of Online Education and Training in China, 2010-2011
4.1 Market Scale
4.1.1 The Combination of Two "Sunrise Industry"
4.1.2 Market Scale
4.1.3 Market Development Characteristics
4.2 Industry Supply
4.2.1 Diversified Industry Service
4.2.2 Transformation from "Traditional Class" to "Training Supermarket"
4.3 Industry Demand
5. Segment Market of Online Education and Training5.1 Online Higher Education5.2 Entrance Examination Coaching5.3 Vocational Skills Training5.4 Parenting Education
6. Development Status of Relevant Industry in China, 2010-2011
6.1 Development Status of E-commerce Industry in China
6.1.1 Market Development Status
6.1.2 Development Priorities of E-commerce Segment Fields
6.1.3 China E-commerce Market Prospects Forecast
6.2 Development Status of Education and Training Industry in China, 2010-2011
6.2.1 Status Quo
6.2.2 Development Characteristics in Recent Years
6.2.3 Development Trend in the Future
6.3 Internet Cloud Technology Motivates the Development of Online Education and Training
7. Domestic Key Enterprises7.1 China Edu Group7.1.1 Company Profile7.1.2 Business Scale7.1.3 Business Scope7.1.4 Comprehensive Competitiveness7.2 China Distance Education Holding Ltd.7.2.1 Company Profile7.2.2 Business Scale7.2.3 Comprehensive Competitiveness7.3 Ambow Education 7.3.1 Company Profile7.3.2 Business Scale7.3.3 Business Scope7.3.4 Comprehensive Competitiveness7.4 New Oriental Education & Technology Group7.4.1 Company Profile7.4.2 Business Scale7.4.3 Business Scope7.4.4 Comprehensive Competitiveness7.5 Xueersi Online School7.5.1 Company Profile7.5.2 Business Scale7.5.3 Business Scope7.5.4 Comprehensive Competitiveness
8. M & A Case Study in China
8.1 IDGVC Invested in www.51edu.com (The up-market Learning Group)
8.1.1 Investor Background Study
8.1.2 Financing Background Study
8.1.3 Motivation and Process Study of the Case
8.2 Investment Cases in Recent Years
9. Profit Model of Online Education and Training9.1 Advertisement Model9.2 Network Content Model9.3 Digital Content Model9.4 Transaction Expenses Model9.5 Mobile Value-added Model9.6 Service Charge Model9.7 Consultation Service Model9.8 Other Profit Models
10. Industry Development Prospects Forecast of Online Education and Training in China, 2012-2017
10.1 Prospect Forecast, 2012-2017
10.1.1 Five Advantages
10.1.2 Online Study-Training Model in the Future
10.2 Market Trend in China, 2012-2017
10.2.1 Development Trend
10.2.2 Market Forecast
10.3 Development Proposals
10.3.1 The Industry Needs New Concept and New Ideas
10.3.2 Clear Technology Development and Utilization Strategy
11. Investment Opportunities and Risks of Online Education and Training in China, 2012-201711.1 Investment Environment 11.2 Investment Opportunities 11.2.1 Diversified Education Promotes the Development of Online Education and Training11.2.2 Online Education and Training will be Important Complement to Traditional Education 11.2.3 Industry is in Growth Stage and Has Great Development Potential11.3 Investment Risks11.3.1 Policy and System Risks11.3.2 Market Competition Risks11.3.3 Technology Risks11.3.4 Foreign Investment Risks
China Edu GroupChina Distance Education Holding LtdAmbow Education New Oriental Education & Technology GroupXueersi Online School
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
Enterprise Open Source Magazine Latest Stories . . .
Subscribe to the World's Most Powerful Newsletters
Subscribe to Our Rss Feeds & Get Your SYS-CON News Live!
SYS-CON Featured Whitepapers
Most Read This Week