From the Wires
YouSendIt Releases Exclusive Windows Phone 8 App in Partnership With Nokia
Windows Phone 8 App Offers Unique NFC Functionality Only Available on Nokia Lumia Devices
Nov. 27, 2012 03:05 PM
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/12 -- YouSendIt, Inc., a leading cloud file collaboration service, today announced its Windows Phone 8 app -- currently available only on Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Lumia 820 devices. As a result, Nokia customers will be able to use the YouSendIt application to seamlessly sync, store, sign and share cloud content from anywhere with their Nokia smartphones. This Windows Phone 8 app also includes Near Field Communication (NFC) capabilities that allow content sharing between users with a simple tap of their phones. The NFC feature will be exclusive to Nokia devices for the next several months.
The key features for customers and businesses include:
- Near Field Communication: Developed specifically for Nokia Lumia smartphone customers, NFC allows you to send files with a tap of your phone. While the sender must be on a Nokia Lumia device the recipient can be on any Windows Phone 8 device.
- Receive and Track Functionality: View/track sent files and view/store received files.
- Sharing: Invite others to a shared folder and collaborate on content.
- Storing: Store videos and photos to your YouSendIt cloud folder.
- Electronic Signature: E-sign documents on the Nokia Lumia touchscreen.
- Open Files: Open files from YouSendIt in 3rd party applications.
- Enterprise Authentication:
- Centralized file policy management: Control files across all YouSendIt applications and devices.
- Compliance reporting: Detailed reports on provisioning and usage across all applications.
Nokia is a global leader in mobile communications whose products have become an integral part of the lives of people around the world. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people use their Nokia to capture and share experiences, access information, find their way or simply to speak to one another. Nokia's technological and design innovations have made its brand one of the most recognized in the world. For more information, visit http://www.nokia.com/about-nokia.
Founded in 2004, YouSendIt was working in the cloud before the term was even coined. At first the service was a simple way to send the large attachments that email couldn't process, but has since grown to become a robust suite of online file storage and management capabilities. Today, the company serves 37 million registered users across 193 countries and 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Aside from offering professionals an easy-to-use collaboration solution, YouSendIt's renowned reliability, untouched data security and endless innovation make it the go-to solution for businesses, big and small.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.